[avr-libc-dev] printf_P and pgmspace.h

From: E. Weddington
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] printf_P and pgmspace.h
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 17:02:42 -0600

Hey,

I wanted to point out a potential problem with printf_P. Right now it uses
PRG_RDB to get the string out of flash. This should be updated to use the
new pgmspace.h API. However, there is an issue with using this and the
mega128 and getting strings from high memory (> 64K).

The problem mainly has to do with that pgmspace.h does some compile-time
switches according to the processor one uses. This is an issue with printf
as it's compiled beforehand into the lib.

I like to discuss this with Joerg when he get's back from vacation as to
the best approach. But I strongly feel that this should be resolved before
1.0.

Thanks