Re: [avr-libc-dev] New eeprom functions.

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] New eeprom functions.
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:27:18 +0200

As Artur Lipowski wrote:

> If someone want to build avr-libc from CVS with newer autotools then (s)he
> should:
> - apply attached patches

The second patch looks like just fixing a genuine bug only, so it
could be committed independently.

> - instead of the reconf script just execute:
> aclocal; autoconf; automake --foreign --add-missing --copy

If we agree to require the newer tools, the reconf script should be
change to just reflect the above.

> - add to the configure invocation some crosscompiling options eg.
> ../configure --prefix=/usr --enable-doc --build=i586 --target=avr --host=avr

The target and host options are needed now?

The existing doconf script first creates the build directories, is
this no longer needed?