Re: [avr-libc-dev] avr-libc 1.0?

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] avr-libc 1.0?
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 13:48:26 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, E. Weddington wrote:

:) Hello All,
:)
:) I wanted to bring up the subject of making a possible 1.0 release
:) of avr-libc.
:)
:) It seems the GCC folks are targeting 3.3.1 for Friday, July 18. I
:) am starting to contemplate a WinAVR release for the week after that
:) (after which I'll leave on a 2 week vacation).
:)
:) Could it be feasible to target an avr-libc 1.0 for the same time
:) frame?
:)
:) I know that everybody is incredibly busy with the various AVR
:) projects as well as private lives. I was thinking, perhaps if we
:) have to seriously prune the todo list to finish it off. Most of the
:) items are documentation items, so hopefully it won't be too bad. To
:) that end, I'm going to focus on getting a better build system that
:) I keep talking about, and try to build the docs here.
:)
:) Of course this may not be feasible, given the projects in the works:
:) 1. Ted: rewrite of GDB AVR port.
:) 2. Jörg: binutils COFF patch.
:) 3. Ted: various avarice stuff.
:) 4. avrdude?
:) ...
:)
:) Opinions?

It's possible. Is it time to set the version number to 0.99.90cvs and
freeze the code (no new features, bug fixes only)?

There's a few bug reports that could be closed before a release. Those
that are going to be deferred, should be added to the TODO file as
such and a comment added to the report.

I've still got a bit of work to do on avr-gdb that I need to do before
I can commit it. I also need to get it committed before they cut the
6.0 branch (tenatively set for 2003-06-21).

Ted Roth