[avr-libc-dev] avr-libc 1.0?

From: E. Weddington
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] avr-libc 1.0?
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 14:15:20 -0600

Hello All,

I wanted to bring up the subject of making a possible 1.0 release of avr-libc.

It seems the GCC folks are targeting 3.3.1 for Friday, July 18. I am starting
to contemplate a WinAVR release for the week after that (after which I'll leave
on a 2 week vacation).

Could it be feasible to target an avr-libc 1.0 for the same time frame?

I know that everybody is incredibly busy with the various AVR projects as well
as private lives. I was thinking, perhaps if we have to seriously prune the
todo list to finish it off. Most of the items are documentation items, so
hopefully it won't be too bad. To that end, I'm going to focus on getting a
better build system that I keep talking about, and try to build the docs here.

Of course this may not be feasible, given the projects in the works:
1. Ted: rewrite of GDB AVR port.
2. Jörg: binutils COFF patch.
3. Ted: various avarice stuff.
4. avrdude?