Re: [avr-libc-dev] interrupts on Mega8

From: Bjorn Andersson
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] interrupts on Mega8
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 18:20:02 +0200

On Mon, Mar 24 2003, at 09:40:48 -0500, Lorne Gutz wrote:
>      I've changed the CPU name in the make file.
> Changed the initialization to account for the
> register changes.
>      I've even checked the .s files to make sure
> that the SEI command is being run.

I don't know anything about the Atmega8 (I'm only familiar with the
Atmega128), but are there registers for enabling the specifc interrupts
that needs to be enabled in addition to the global interrupt enable
bit (SEI).

>      Maybe gcc 3.3 would fix this but I don't think
> I should use it until it is released.  This is used
> to compile a commercial product and the customer
> wants to know version numbers and such.

I don't know much about different gcc releases either, but I suspect
that gcc 3.3 won't help. Have you disassembled your binary file
and checked that the interrupt vectors are OK and that interrupts
are enabled? If the binary file is OK, then upgrading gcc 3.3 won't
naturally help. Anyway, you should see from the disassembled code if
your current gcc generates any strange code.

I noticed that compiling without '-O' (optimization) generates code
that calls CLI in the prologue and epilogue. Did you use the '-O' flag?

Regards,
Bjorn

--
Bjorn Andersson <address@hidden>