Re: sample makefile (was:Re: [avr-libc-dev] Sample project - LedFlash)

From: Otto Tronarp
Subject: Re: sample makefile (was:Re: [avr-libc-dev] Sample project - LedFlash)
Date: 26 Feb 2003 17:22:58 +0100

On Tue, 2003-02-25 at 23:13, E. Weddington wrote:

[snip]

> And this brings up another point about line-endings. I know there are
> issues in WinAVR 20030115 about the Unix line endings in the avr-libc
> example sources. I didn't think to convert them to Windows (I was in
> a rush at the time), and that's made for some problems. I'm
> completely at fault for that. I'm planning to do it in a script on my
> end for the next WinAVR release but, again, it might be good to make
> that platform dependent. Line ending conversion would also apply to
> any sample makefile as well.

If you do the cvs checkout from a windows box it should just work, at
least according to section 9.2 in Version Management with CVS by
Cederqvist:

"There are two issues with using CVS to store binary files. The first is
that CVS by default converts line endings between the canonical form in
which they are stored in the repository (linefeed only), and the form
appropriate to the operating system in use on the client (for example,
carriage return followed by line feed for Windows NT)."

But i think that it only works if the files where correctly commited,
i.e. the file must have *nix LE's if you do the check in from a *nix box
and windows LE's if you do it from a windows box. At least that's my
impression of how it works.

Regards,
Otto