[avr-libc-dev] (Fwd) Re: avr-libc and crt*.o

From: E. Weddington
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] (Fwd) Re: avr-libc and crt*.o
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 13:19:32 -0700

Forwarded to the list for posterity per suggestion.

Date sent:              Tue, 11 Feb 2003 12:15:59 -0800 (PST)
From:                   "Theodore A. Roth" <address@hidden>
To:                     "E. Weddington" <address@hidden>
Subject:                Re: avr-libc and crt*.o

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, E. Weddington wrote:

:) Ted,
:)
:) What do you need when you add a device?
:)
:) I know you need the io header file, do you need the actual crt*.o?
:) :) Reasons why I ask: :) :) 1. Got a message back from Keith at
Atmel. He has a crt43355.o file. :) :) 2. io header for the
AT86RF401submitted in: :)
http://mail.nongnu.org/archive/html/avr-libc-dev/2003- :)
01/msg00061.html :) :) That has yet to be rolled in. :) :) 3. todo
item to document how to roll your own crt*.o

Unless he is using a modfied gcrt1.S file, all you need is to update
the configure.in file and merge the io*.h file.

If he modified the gcrt1.S file, it would be best to see if the
changes can be merged in with the "one true" gcrt1.S file (I would
think).

If he need a special linker script, that would probably need to go
into binutils.

BTW: messages like this should go to the dev list since it's general
info and I'm not the formost expert on this stuff.

Ted