Re: [avr-libc-dev] Building avrlibc from CVS

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Building avrlibc from CVS
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 10:09:19 +0100

As E. Weddington wrote:

> Ok I got the sources from CVS, the docs say reconf must be run if
> gotten from CVS. My build environ, MinGW / MSYS,  doesn't come with
> automake which is needed by reconf.

Ick, yes. :-(

Even worse, you'd need the non-recent versions of autoconf and
automake, since the recent versions are largely incompatible to their
predecessors, and only few developers seem to have followed this,
while many others simply live with the older tools (automake 1.4,
autoconf 2.1.3).

> So I'm dependent on snapshots. :-/

Incidentally, i upgraded my FreeBSD ports of the entire AVR toolchain
yesterday.  Since this includes a new snapshot of avr-libc as well,
you can fetch the respective distfile from

http://people.freebsd.org/~joerg/avr-libc-2003.01.08.tar.bz2

I hope you've got a bzip2 compression program around on Windows.  If
not, please get it at http://sourceware.redhat.com/bzip2/ , they offer
Windows binaries there as well.  Sorry, the Unix world is slowly
moving towards bzip2 these days for its better compression ratio
(compared to zip/deflate aka. gzip).

If you fail to extract it anyway, drop me a mail, and i'll make it
available to you as a plain zip file.