Re: [avr-libc-dev] gcc-3.3 branch

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] gcc-3.3 branch
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 21:40:50 +0100

As Theodore A. Roth wrote:

> The gcc-3.3 branch has been tagged in cvs now and the version no longer
> states that it is experimental:
>
>   address@hidden:~$ avr-gcc --version
>   avr-gcc (GCC) 3.3 20021231 (prerelease)
>
> Note the prerelease status.

This reminds me: the attached patch is still due.  It fixes a bug that
is described in the thread starting at:

http://www.avr1.org/pipermail/avr-gcc-list/2002-August/004966.html

I'm not sure whether my patch catches all situations where 16-bit
indirect IO register writes could happen, it has at least proven to
fix Brian Dean's problem by that time.  Cc again to Denis and Marek,
in the hope that the patch will find its way into gcc some day...

(I disclaim any rights on that patch, so in case copyright problems
might be in the way, please pretend you had written that yourself.)