Re: [avr-libc-dev] io.h re-org

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] io.h re-org
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 09:37:28 -0700

On 8 Jan 2003 at 13:17, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> OK, i did it now.  Hopefully, it's been still in time for Eric's new
> version of WinAVR, this will give us a good number of users testing
> it.  I don't expect any problems with this though.  (I anticipate bugs
> found in scanf(), but of course, that depends on whether people
> actually start using it.)

No problem, I haven't gotten the avrlibc source yet. Speaking of
which...

I now have CVS thanks to [MinGW | Cygwin] so I suppose I could grab
it via that route and not have to wait for snapshots, if that's
easier for you Ted? However, being a complete fool, uh... novice at
using CVS, a handy command line would be helpful in grabbing the
source.

Also, I have an RFC: I grabbed binutils 030106 but couldn't get it to
configure. I noticed in avrlibc CVS NEWS that it can supposedly be
built with 2.13. So I grabbed binutils 2.13.2.1 and it built just
fine. Binutils 2.13.2.1 was released on January 1 2003. Technically
it's a step backward according to version number, but is this really
an issue? I was thinking of including 2.13.2.1 because it is a stable
relase. Any opinions on which version I should include in the next
WinAVR release? Thanks.