[avr-libc-dev] (Fwd) RE: AVR-GCC: Mega 32

From: E. Weddington
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] (Fwd) RE: AVR-GCC: Mega 32
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 09:19:16 -0700

Hi guys

Anybody know anything about this?

Subject:                RE: AVR-GCC: Mega 32
Date sent:              Wed, 11 Dec 2002 10:35:58 +0100
From:                   "pfaff - Markus Pfaff" <address@hidden
hagenberg.at>
To:                     "E. Weddington" <address@hidden>

Eric,

I'll give the new release a try and keep you informed on the results.

While upgrading my software to the Mega32 I ran into a strange
problem: After adding some additional EEPROM variables (only adding
them, not using) the whole design behaves strangely. Looking through
the libc documentation I found that the function

uint8_t eeprom_read_byte(uint8_t * addr)
                         ^^^^^^^
takes an 8-bit address only.

The eeprom_read_word function uses an address of typ uint16_t. Do you
know something about the idea behind this? I was not able to figure
out some casting around this problem. Reading words instead of bytes
would not be an efficient solution to the problem.

Markus

Dipl.-Ing. Dr. Markus Pfaff
FHS-Hagenberg/HSSE
VLSI-Design