Re: [avr-libc-dev] Fix for strstr.S (revision 2)

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Fix for strstr.S (revision 2)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 10:53:45 +0100

As Philip Søeberg wrote:

>>>To begin, i've been embarrassed about the complexity of the new version

> Please don’t feel embarrassed by other ppls work...

Sorry, English is not my native language.  `frightened' might have
been a better word.  At a first glance, the file looked simply
unintelligible to me, thus i was tempted to use the C version instead.

But as you can see, i could eventually follow your ideas, and see how
the implementation was actually supposed to work, and then improve it.

Btw., i like your comments in the file.  They are much more
explanative than the comments in many of the `inherited' assembler
sources.

> I didn't say that v2 of the code was particular
> beautiful or fast, but at least it worked...

Yes, of course, unlike the original version.  I didn't want to
belittle this, your work is great, no doubt.  I've been thinking about
a new version myself the day before, but didn't get half the way you
got.

> Anyway... I can see that I still have much to learn, and must begin
> tearing more modules apart :) Thanks for the great work :)

Thank you, too!  Is it ok by you to commit the file as i've sent it?