RE: [avr-libc-dev] Question on stack size in ATmega128 and Errors in iom

From: E. Weddington
Subject: RE: [avr-libc-dev] Question on stack size in ATmega128 and Errors in iom128.h
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 16:43:25 -0700

I believe I saw an answer to your post about this in the AVRFreaks
GCC forum.

> Also,  I had to make the following corrections to iom128.h  to be
> consistent in my code.
>
> /* USART Status Register A   ERROR RDC
> #define    RXC          7
> #define    TXC          6
> #define    UDRE         5
> #define    FE           4
> #define    OVR          3    This definition differs from the databook
> #*/
>   /*definition to avoid problems with the OR instruction */
>
> /* UCSR0A    correction, RDC  12/2/02*/
> #define RXC0  7
> #define TXC0  6
> #define UDRE0 5
> #define FE0   4
> #define OVR0  3
> #define U2X0  1
> #define MPCM0 0

Your correction is incorrect depending upon which version of the
software you're using. The latest from CVS is correct with the
ATmega128 data sheet from Atmel:
http://www.atmel.com/atmel/acrobat/doc2467.pdf

So if you have a later distribution of the software, you might want
to update your project rather than change the header file that comes
with the distribution.