Re: [avr-libc-dev] [ Bug #1720 ] memcmp bug ?

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [ Bug #1720 ] memcmp bug ?
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 14:25:12 -0800 (PST)

Ok. I just ran this code through simulavr/gdb (should have done this in
the first place):

#include <string.h>

char s1[] = {0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF,0xFF};
char s2[] = {0xFF,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00};

int main( void )
{
    volatile int n = 6;
    volatile int res = 0xaa;

    res = memcmp (s1, s2, n);
    if (res < 0)
            n = 1;
    else if (res > 0)
            n = 2;

    return(0);
}

After the memcmp() call, res is 255 and n is 2, as expected.

I'm going to close this bug report and add a note to the dox about
memcmp() not being -mint8 compatible. [see attached patch]