Re: [avr-libc-dev] Program memory macros and -mint8

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Program memory macros and -mint8
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 20:46:59 +0100

As E. Weddington wrote:

> If having -mint8 compatibility is a future goal, at least what about
> defining the method of doing first, like getting <inttypes.h> fixed
> per Joerg, and then have a policy of any new code added be -mint8
> compatible. Then, the current code can be fixed up over time.

I wouldn't see -mint8 compatibility as a major goal, but that doesn't
prevent us from becoming more careful with future code to be cleaner
in that respect.  But i can only repeat this: it needs a volunteer.
I. e., if new code enters the tree, someone must really go there,
and audit that code to see whether it is -mint8 clean, can be made
-mint8 clean, or just needs to be documented to nevre work with
-mint8.