[avr-libc-dev] Re: another cygwin make problem

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Re: another cygwin make problem
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 16:35:48 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, E. Weddington wrote:

:) Ted,
:)
:) Ok, I did the --disable-*-doc in the doconf, I patched the makefile
:) in doc/examples/demo and the make got past that.
:)
:) To another problem: make tried to cd avr-libc-user-manual and execute
:) a script to "Fixing tranparency for $png". (The typo at left is in

Y'all should know by now that I'm worthless without a speel checker.

:) the makefile by the way.) Make failed to cd to the directory.
:)
:) If I --disable-*-doc on the doconf, should the make not even bother
:) trying to execute this block? I'm not trying to build the docs so it
:) should skip this, right?

Right. Looking at doc/api/Makefile.am, the problem seems to be the fix_png
rule. I think changing it to "cd $(USER_MANUAL) 2>/dev/null || exit 0; \"
should fix your build. (I've committed this already.)

Note that even with dox disabled, demo is still build. Not perfect, but
almost acceptable.

Ted Roth