Re: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] sleep api

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] sleep api
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 16:25:47 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, E. Weddington wrote:

:) Looks good. I like the name sleep_mode(). Solves the earlier debate
:) on this list. :-)
:)
:) One problem (?) you wrote on both lines _BV (SE), with a space before
:) the parens. Will this fail? I thought you needed to write _BV(SE). I
:) could also have my macro syntax wrong.

As far as I know, the only place in a #define where space is an issue is
immediately after the name of the macro.

This is wrong:

  #define bad (arg) (_BV(arg))

as is this:

  #define bad( arg ) (_BV(arg))

But this is ok:

  #define ok(arg) (_BV (arg))

I will remove the extra space though as it's not an issue for me.

I made some dox improvements since posting this, so the new file is
attached. Will probably commit it tomorrow if there's no noise.

Ted Roth