Re: [avr-libc-dev] malloc-x1.fig

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] malloc-x1.fig
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 09:50:35 +0100

As Theodore A. Roth wrote:

> I think there might be a minor discrepancy in the malloc-x1.fig. The
> figure shows .data starting 0x1100, but the text says:
>
>   -Wl,-Tdata=0x802000
>
> Does this needs fixed or am I missing something?

I made both fairly independent of each other.  But yes, this easily
leads to confusion, and should be corrected in some way.  The
command-line example was merely meant to demonstrate that you can, of
course, start the data segment anywhere in extended memory, while the
pictures simply assume `tight packing'.

I'll update the picture.