Re: [avr-libc-dev] dox status and next release

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] dox status and next release
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 18:21:18 +0200

As E. Weddington wrote:

> > Input support (including the scanf() family)
> > is not yet done.
>
> Were you planning input support for the next release as well?

Let's see.  The infrastructure in struct __file is already there, so
doing a fgets()/gets()/getc() shouldn't be hard.  I don't know how
hard it would be to implement scanf(), i'd rather like to complete
printf() first.

> > Currently, only integer and string formats are supported, no floating
> > point yet.
>
> :-(  I thought you were going to use dtostr(f|e) to do the floating
> point support? What happened?

The integer-only version with its 1100 bytes is already fairly heavy.
I don't know whether the floating point hooks can be brought in with
little cost (so only the actual conversion functions need to be forked
out), or whether floating point will better be done in a second
function that can optionally be linked.

> So you know, I'll only be testing on the ATmega128. If you still want
> me to do it let me know.

More tests won't be bad.