Re: [avr-libc-dev] dox status and next release

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] dox status and next release
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 18:01:22 +0200

As E. Weddington wrote:

> Send me a copy of the source and preferably a list of the flags it

I'll prepare a zip file (or .tar.gz?).

> supports (which should be in the dox code in the source right?).

Of course, it is. ;-)

> Also, do you have an sprintf()?

Sure.  The printf() family is fairly complete, only vprintf() is
currently missing (but would be easy to add).  There's no asprintf(),
but snprintf() is there.  Input support (including the scanf() family)
is not yet done.

Currently, only integer and string formats are supported, no floating
point yet.  Still, vfprintf() compiles into 250 bytes more code than
Alexander's initial _printf_new(), mostly for some added features like
leading 0 support (%04x) and for some checks to not overflow the
internal string buffer.  On the avr5 architecture (ATmega128),
vfprintf() requires ~ 1100 bytes.

What about my recently posted patch that moves _LPM & Co out of
<avr/ina90.h>?  Should i commit that?