Re: [avr-libc-dev] Installing avr-libc into avr-gcc 3.2

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Installing avr-libc into avr-gcc 3.2
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 10:57:22 -0600

On 8 Oct 2002 at 9:30, Stephen Noftall wrote:

> Thanks Eric. Does the latest CVS'd avr-libc have this corrected
> sfr_defs.h file? I diff'd them and couldn't see any changes that stand
> out, but I didn't look very hard. The avr-gcc 3.2 sfr_defs.h file is
> time stamped at 6/17/2002. The CVS'd avr-libc file has : /* $Id:
> sfr_defs.h,v 1.5 2002/09/17 21:22:38 marekm Exp $ */ So it looks
> newer. I guess I should use it?

Sorry, miscommunication.... The latest CVS is correct. The avrfreaks
distribution is an older build and (obviously) changes were made
between then and now.

If you use the avrfreaks windows distribution with gcc 3.2 *and* you
also get the latest iom128.h and sfr_defs.h from CVS (because they're
very useful), then there is (I think) one change you will need to
make to the latest sfr_defs.h to make it "backwards-compatible" with
the avrfreaks distribution to get interrupts to link correctly. (IIRC
this has to do with the definition of _VECTOR). That's the caveat.