Re: [avr-libc-dev] Why include <ina90.h> from <avr/pgmspace.h>?

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Why include <ina90.h> from <avr/pgmspace.h>?
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 09:41:02 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, E. Weddington wrote:

:) Ted, am I mistaken or didn't you just post a patch changing the
:) ioXXXX.h files to give an error if an MCU type wasn't defined?

I think you might be mis-interpreting what I did. Here's the change (from
one file):

http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/avr-libc/avr-libc/include/avr/io1200.h.diff?r1=1.1&r2=1.2

The change was made to stop the user from including the avr/ioXXX.h
directly (avr/io.h defines _AVR_IO_H_) and to stop the user from including
two avr/ioXXX.h files (each avr/ioXXX.h defines _AVR_IOXXX_H_ to be the
name of the specific ioXXX.h file).

At the end of avr/io.h is this:

#elif defined (__AVR_ATtiny11__)
#  include <avr/iotn11.h>
#else
#  warning "device type not defined"
/* #  include <avr/io8515.h> */
#endif

Which might be close, but not quite, what you're thinking.

Ted Roth