Re: [avr-libc-dev] malloc bug: casting woes

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] malloc bug: casting woes
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 21:27:22 +0200

As Theodore A. Roth wrote:

>         * libc/stdlib/malloc.c: use _SFR_IO16() around the SP address.
>
> I just spend the better part of the week figuring out that it broke
> malloc. :-\
>
> It turns out that the _SFR_IO16() macro includes all the proper casts, so
> the extra casts were really hosing the compiler.

I already saw you've changed this, and wondered why...

Nice catch!  Now i wonder why my project using malloc() still worked at
all...

This is just to tell you that i'm back from vacation.  It'll probably take
until mid next week or so that i could study all the stuff that was
floating around here in the list while i've been away.