[avr-libc-dev] Re: printf in avr-libc

From: ken restivo
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Re: printf in avr-libc
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 17:41:04 -0700

Attached is a very small, trivial printf. Anyone's welcome to use it if they
see fit. I did it a long time ago, and haven't looked at it since, but it
worked at the time. I think I tested it with the UartSend routines in the old
avr-libc sample code.

I wrote this in order to:
        1) Mix PSTR and memory variables in one printf, i.e.:
                kprintf("my pstr is %S and my ram str is %s\n", pstr, str);

        2) Automatically put the format into PSTR, i.e.:
                kprintf("this string goes into PSTR automagically\n");

        3) I only needed [xXdcsS] formats.

I still need to go back and combine the printSigned() and printUnsigned(), and
experiment to determine whether
        nybble > 10 ? nybble + 'A' : nybble + '0'
is cheaper than the clunky PRG_RDB lookup I used. I suspect it will be.

-ken
---------