Re: [avr-libc-dev] How to handle builtin functions?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] How to handle builtin functions?
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 17:30:39 +0200

As E. Weddington wrote:

> It makes sense to make avrlibc work with as many of gcc's switches as
> possible. Hence a project should compile and link correctly when
> using -freestanding. It sounds like you have an implementation in
> mind which sounds fine to me.

Well, since there's been no feedback so far, and i documented
<stdlib.h> a couple of days ago, i simply decided to put the #define's
(for abs() and labs()) into the file.  They'll simply force gcc into
using the builtin variants of those functions all the time.

(Should anybody wonder, the #ifndef DOXYGEN around it simply prevents
doxygen from documenting them as a #define, so we instead document the
function call interface.)

fabs() in <math.h> will follow.