Re: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] setjmp.h dox

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] setjmp.h dox
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 16:47:19 +0200

As Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> >  extern int setjmp(jmp_buf __jmpb);
> >  extern void longjmp(jmp_buf __jmpb, int __ret) __ATTR_NORETURN__;
>
> One thing i also noticed when working over <stdlib.h> is that i think
> prepending two underscores to every formal parameter used in a
> declaration doesn't make any sense to me.  The scope of these names is
> just the declaration itself, so there's no risk of conflicting with
> any application-supplied names.

I have to correct myself. ;-)  I can see why prepending the underscores
makes it safer: if the luser #defines a macro with the name of one of
those internal formal parameters before #including these headers, they
are likely to create syntax errors.

> However, now that we use doxygen to
> document the header files, these names find their way into the user
> documentation.

But then, this somewhat defeats the entire idea behind doxygen.  If we
have to escape all our formal parameters (that are not strictly
necessary in a declaration, but are required for documentation
purposes) with two underscores, it makes our documentation look
terrible. :(