Re: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] sections stub patch

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] sections stub patch
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 14:35:42 -0700 (PDT)

Just try the attached patch. You should not need the 3.0.4 patch. I don't
think I was being very clear with that.

I just compiled and installed with the patch with no problem, but I don't
have any C++ code to test it.

Ted Roth

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

:) As Theodore A. Roth wrote:
:)
:) > I seem to remember that you can force the build of gcc to pass the
:) > -fno-exceptions option by default for avr C++ programs.... Ah, yes, here
:) > it is in this patch:
:) >
:) >
http://freesoftware.fsf.org/download/simulavr/binaries/SOURCES/gcc-3.0.4-patchc++
:)
:) Hmm.  I'll try that tomorrow.
:)
:) Since the question already popped up on the avr-gcc list, i took the occasion
:) to write some blurb about the state of our C++ support for the FAQ (already
:) committed).
:)
:) I'll leave Cyberspace for bed now. :)
:) --
:) J"org Wunsch                                        Unix support engineer
:) address@hidden        http://www.interface-systems.de/~j/
:)
:)
:) AVR-libc-dev mailing list