Re: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] updates for sfr dox

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] updates for sfr dox
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 11:41:52 +0200

As Theodore A. Roth wrote:

> In addition, I converted Marek's notes in avr/sfr_defs.h into a sub-module
> dox for the sfr dox. His discussion was too good to not move into the
> documentation, but I left it mostly untouched in the header file.

OK.

> I'll commit this tomorrow if there are no objections.

My only concern is whether to move out the deprecated macros into
<avr/compat.h> instead.

>  The compiler's choice of which method to use when actually accessing
> -the IO port is completely independent of the programmer's way to write
> -the code.  So even if the programmer uses the memory-mapped paradigm
> -and writes
> +the IO port is completely independent of the way the programmer chooses
> +to write the code.  So even if the programmer uses the memory-mapped
> +paradigm and writes

A wish here: when committing cosmetic fixes (like the grammar change),
it's IMHO better to not reformat the paragraph even if it's going to
overflow the usual line length.  (Of course, only in cases like this
where the actual formatting is done by another utility later on.)
That way, the actualy change (which is just a few words) won't be
hidden by the formatting change when reviewing the CVS diff.

If reformatting is desired, it should then be done in a separate
commit (where the commit message explicitly states that it's a change
that doesn't affect the content at all).

Apart from this: thanks for the fixes.  English is not my native
language, so i'm glad i could get away with only that few grammar
changes at all. ;-)