Re: [avr-libc-dev] <avr/sfr_defs.h> documented

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] <avr/sfr_defs.h> documented
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:56:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

:) As Theodore A. Roth wrote:
:)
:) > Only thing that might be added is a note in the _BV() desc about the bit
:) > shift being done by the compiler, so there is no run time overhead
:) > involved.
:)
:) OK.  If/when you do the grammar changes, please do also add that
:) sentence.  You're right, i've already got it in the FAQ, but forgot
:) about it in that description.

Easy enough to do.

:)
:) Are there any assembler programmers around?  If so, they might add some
:) stuff about the various IO paradigms as well.  I don't know whether i
:) should copy Marek's comment in the file verbatim into the documentation,
:) or whether some of the aspects are rather rarely used in actual
:) assembler programming so they don't deserve to be documented.

Isn't the whole point of doxygen to turn those comments into
documentation? ;-)

Is there a way to stuff that big comment into the dox, preferrably as a
note or (sub)section, without removing it from the sfr_defs.h header?

I also just noticed two more things that need updated:

  - outp/inp/BV need to be documented and marked as \deprecated.

  - outb/outw need a \note added which points out that the order of the
    arguments has changed since the last stable release (20020203 ??)

Ted Roth