[avr-libc-dev] avr-libc cvs-version & GCC 3.2

From: Janne Matti Heikkinen
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] avr-libc cvs-version & GCC 3.2
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 03:02:58 +0300

Hello all,

After getting and installing autoconf 2.13 and automake 1.4-p5
I finally also got avr-libc from cvs compiled.

While compiling it I had only one problem, it seems that GCC 3.2
will not be containing (it should be out next week so could it
be still added to it at this point?) support for ATMega162.

Since GCC 3.2 prerelease could not make crtm162.o I just copied
crtm161.o to get continued with compilation and everything else
worked well.

So I think that something about this should be mentioned in following
section of "avr-libc/doc/INSTALL":

"2. Build and install the current version of GCC from CVS (or release 3.2
   when available - older releases are not supported) for AVR target
   (configure --target=avr --enable-languages=c,c++).  C++ support is
   still experimental and incomplete (no libstdc++), and needs testing."

Sorry to bother you people with small things like this but I know that
there are going be other avr-newbies like me wondering why they can't
get things compiled even though all the documented prerequisites seem
to be met :)

Janne Heikkinen