Re: [avr-libc-dev] interrupt enable functions

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] interrupt enable functions
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 14:34:24 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

:) As E. Weddington wrote:
:)
:) > Personally I don't use that macro; I roll my own with the same
:) > definition and call it BIT(). Personally I don't like making
:) > abbreviations unless absolutely necessary. I find it easier to
:) > understand PORTA |= BIT(5) than PORTA |= BV(5) and then remember that
:) > BV stands for Bit Value.
:)
:) I just committed a FAQ entry about the use of _BV().

Two small nits (ignore them if you want):

  - s/chip/device/

  - you're not being consistent in your use of _BV(). There's some BV()'s
    in there.

Ted Roth