[avr-libc-dev] Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-libc docs

From: Marek Michalkiewicz
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-libc docs
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 11:05:51 +0200 (CEST)

> Now that the API and some include file locations are going to be
> changed anyway, i've got one further request: <inttypes.h> is a
> non-standard header, yet it's not in the avr/ subdirectory.  I propose

Hmm...  I see this in /usr/include/inttypes.h (glibc 2.2.5):

/*
 *      ISO C99: 7.8 Format conversion of integer types <inttypes.h>
 */

Our <inttypes.h> is not complete, but ISO C99 looks like some kind
of standard to me :)

I guess FreeBSD has a different C library (not glibc) which doesn't
have that file (added only in the latest C standards).

> to rename this one <sys/types.h> as it used to be the case in any Unix
> system for very long now; even the oldest version of MS-DOS Borland C
> i can remember has the file in that place.

Yes, having at least a minimal <sys/types.h> would be nice too.

Marek