avr-gcc-list

Re: static class member as interrupt handler works, but not if class is

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: static class member as interrupt handler works, but not if class is templated
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2021 16:12:45 -0500

On Apr 10, 2021, at 2:37 PM, Trampas Stern <tstern@nc.rr.com> wrote:

If you guys have a better way I would love to know.

Don’t use C++?

What does object-oriented coding do for embedded projects? It’s akin to using printf(). Slow and lots of bloat.

Time once was I put uint32 in a union so as to code ++ inline rather than let avr-gcc call a library routine. Even more so if in an interrupt. Not all library routines used to be re-entrant.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@HiWAAY.net