avr-gcc-list

Re: [avr-gcc-list] Small program for UART not working

From: Jonathan Goldberg
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Small program for UART not working
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 21:38:58 -0400

Gary Bi wrote:

From the scope, I can calculate the baud rate rough
number, for example, if setting it to 9600 in MCU, on
scope, it was around that range; setting to 57600, the
reading from scope will be around 57600, etc. But I
don't know the exacly reading, since there's no way to
read it, I can only Icalculate it though the measure of
waveform frequency. I also noticed the start bit
(1bit) and stop bit (bit) is correctly set in the
waveform.

Thanks,
Gary

--- Gary Bi <address@hidden> wrote:
If measuring baud rate with an o'scope, you can transmit a 0xAA character and measure the time delta between a rising edge and the next falling edge. This should give you the bit time. Taking the inverse of the bit time will give you an accurate baud rate.

Jonathan