avr-gcc-list

[avr-gcc-list] Bizarre string: PROBLEM SOLVED. See how!

From: André - BOL
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Bizarre string: PROBLEM SOLVED. See how!
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 21:58:03 -0300

Hi people.

I'd like to thak everybody for the support, specially Joerg Wunsch,
Jurek Szczesiul and Ian Caddy, who found the problem (sorry if I forgot
anyone).

Justo to clarify, since many hints were given in the wrong direction:
    char a[10] = {'T', 'T', 'T', 'T', 'T' };
    char b[] = "TTTTTTT";
    char *d = "TTTTTTT";

    Are all valid, and there is no error.

I was using the option -j .text to generate the hex file. That excludes
initialization data. So, my variables were not being initialized. Why
did I do that? Well... sorry... It is my first experience with AVR
(avr-gcc, etc). I'm in a hurry to complete an University project, and
have no time to study in deep every single tool. So, I read tutorials
and web sites (I got the compilation commands from one of them). It's a
lot of things to read and a lot of tools to experience. Things are much
easier when we find good and objective literature. Working alone,
dealing with a mess of tools and documentation is not simple.

Thank you all for the support given. Without it, I would have already
given up. I've tried to return the favor, but I'm quite a beginner here.
Sorry again ;-)

Andre