avr-chat

avrdude & UPDI

From: Konrad Rosenbaum
Subject: avrdude & UPDI
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 07:16:08 +0200

Hi,

is there a cheap UPDI adapter that works with AVRdude?

As far as -c? can tell me only some rather expensive Atmel proggers (ICE, JTAG3, PowerDebugger, XPlained) are supported in UPDI mode.

So far I used a very simple hack with a USB-UART/TTL adapter and pyupdi:

UART                   e.g. AtMega3208
  RX|-----------o----|UPDI pin
    |      1k   |    |

I would love to use this with AVRdude, since the dude is more flexible and fits better into my build environment.

Is this possible? Is there another simple/cheap adapter that I can use?

    Konrad