autotools-announce

Re: [platform-testers] automake-1.16i pretest available: please test

From: Frederic Berat
Subject: Re: [platform-testers] automake-1.16i pretest available: please test
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 15:02:53 +0100

On Mon, Dec 18, 2023 at 10:32 PM Karl Berry <karl@freefriends.org> wrote:
We are pleased to announce the GNU Automake 1.16i development snapshot.
We intend for automake 1.17 to be released soon, essentially with only
bug fixes for whatever is found in this pretest. So please do test if at
all possible.

It's our primary goal to preserve compatibility. If this release of
Automake induces failure in a setup that was previously working, please
let us know.

See below for the detailed list of changes since the
previous version, as summarized by the NEWS file.

Download here:

  https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/automake/automake-1.16i.tar.xz
  https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/automake/automake-1.16i.tar.gz

Hello,

I ran `make check` for this release on Fedora-rawhide and got random failures. Multiple runs seem to show different failures on all arches we support, while no failures are reported with the previous release.
Failure reported so far are:
t/aclocal-autoconf-version-check
t/backcompat2
t/backcompat3
t/nodef
t/nodef2
t/remake-aclocal-version-mismatch
t/silent-defaults
t/subdir-add2-pr46
t/testsuite-summary-reference-log

Logs can be found here (check builder-live.log.gz):
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/fberat/automake-1.16i/build/6769645/

Fred.