automake

automake variable prefix 'check_'

From: DUDZIAK Krzysztof
Subject: automake variable prefix 'check_'
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2021 17:25:48 +0000

Hello,
As one can't find string "distcheck" in GCS it looks like it wasn't GCS
which constitutes support and usage of `distcheck' target.
Maybe it is POSIX, or UNIX.

I wonder if recipe to build `distcheck' target
as compiled by automake gets same form as John Calcote
describes it in chapter 3 his Practitioner's Guide (2nd ed.).
For one Makefile generated by autotools in one of my last projects
I see building `check' target is included in `distcheck' recipe.
If yes, all products prefixed with `check_'  would be built also
when `make distcheck' command is run. Please refer to
automake manual ch. 3.3 paragraph 3rd from bottom.

Regards
k.d.