automake

Re: distcheck does 'chmod a-w' - leads to mkdir "permission denied"

From: Paul Jakma
Subject: Re: distcheck does 'chmod a-w' - leads to mkdir "permission denied"
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 17:29:18 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 3 Mar 2017, Mathieu Lirzin wrote:

I stopped digging when I saw that I need libcares which is not provided
by my distro.

Ah, well, it's only needed for nhrpd, which can be disabled with --disable-nhrpd. I'm not sure if the configure script handles it correctly though.

in "doc/Makefile.am" 'quagga_TEXINFOS' contains "defines.texi". By default files in 'quagga_TEXINFOS' are distributed in the tarball. since "defines.texi" is a generated file you don't want to distribute it. Putting it in 'nodist_quagga_TEXINFOS' instead should fix your issue.

Even with defines.texi not distributed, or regenerated in the distcheck build, it still fails. Cause quagga.info depends on it. :(

I tried nodist_quagga_TEXINFOS and got the same result.

The automake option to build the info in the builddir worked though!

The error message of 'make distcheck' is not really helpful to detect
this issue, I am trying to see if something can be done to improve that.

That would be great. :) It's very difficult to figure out the issue without help.

Thanks!

Oh, I also had to add:

# do nothing for DVI, so we don't have to generate or distribute EPS
# figures
dvi: # nothing

to my doc/Makefile.am, or it would fail checking the 'dvi' target. Does anyone use DVI anymore? It's been probably 20 years since I did. Does it still need to be a default generated target?

Now I've got errors from 'distcleancheck', but those are definitely ones I wanted to see. ;)

regards,
--
Paul Jakma | address@hidden | @pjakma | Key ID: 0xD86BF79464A2FF6A
Fortune: