automake

Controlling libtool library link stage

From: Too, Justin A.
Subject: Controlling libtool library link stage
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 09:52:33 -0700

Hi all,

At the top-level, I'm building my program's libtool library:

lib_LTLIBRARIES = libprogram.la
libprogram_la_sources =  . . .
libprogram_la_LIBADD =  . . .

The libraries in LIBADD are the convenience libraries generated in
subdirectories.  I would like to perform the link step of all of the
intermediate libraries into libprogram.la on a ramdisk.  Is there a hook to
override libprogram.la's link step such that I can copy all of the intermediate
libraries to the ramdisk and then link them into libprogram.la on the ramdisk?
Or would I need to create a wrapper for the linker and set the top-level
Makefile.am's linker to this wrapper-script?

Thanks,
Justin