automake

Re: Re: vpath builds and nobase_include_HEADERS

From: johnwohlbier
Subject: Re: Re: vpath builds and nobase_include_HEADERS
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 14:53:15 +0000

On Jun 5, 2009 8:42am, Peter Johansson <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi John,

John Wohlbier wrote:
Attached is an example package. What I left out of my original email was
that I'm putting the Makefile.am's out of the src/ directory to enable
building other architecture specific binaries within the same build.
Hopefully the comments in my configure.ac explain that.

This package, of course, doesn't work. If it worked I wouldn't need the
help!

jgw

I've attached a modified version of your package for which `make distcheck' works. I'm not sure what structure you desire for the installed header files, but that should be easy to adjust.

Hope this helps in a direction towards what you want to achieve.

Cheers,

Peter
--
Peter Johansson

Thanks very much for the help Peter. The goal is to have the headers installed and preserve the directory structure of the src. ie, after make install
@prefix@/include/comp1/
comp1.hh
processed.hh
@prefix@/include/comp2/
comp2.hh

I haven't yet looked at your modifications to see if this is the case, and I may not get a chance to for a few days. Thanks again for looking at it!

jgw