automake

Re: Problems on make distcheck

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Problems on make distcheck
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 07:53:25 +0100

Hello Stefan,

* Stefan Bienert wrote on Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 12:17:54PM CET:

> Now the distcheck is working! I just removed the EXTRA_DIST statements
> as you mentioned and everything runs fine and everything is in the
> distribution package as I expected. Without having to maintain this
> EXTRA_DIST Variable by yourself, automake is even easier to handle (btw,
> this should really be mentioned in the manual, which's current version
> gave me the impression that I have to put everything in the
> distributiopn by myself.).

Where do you get that impression from?
<http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/Dist.html> states
the distribution basics, and the details are scattered around the places
where the individual primaries (_SOURCES etc.) are explained.  I'm not
saying that the manual can't be improved, but if you can point out more
specific items it's easier to do something about it.

Thanks,
Ralf