automake

Re: automake configure script hangs on OSF1...

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: automake configure script hangs on OSF1...
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 14:48:30 +0200

Hi Ed,

Please keep the automake list copied -- thanks!

* Ed Hartnett wrote on Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 02:42:11PM CEST:
> Thanks Ralf!
>
> bash-2.01$ echo AC_INIT > conftest.ac
> bash-2.01$ eval sh -x autoconf -o /dev/null conftest.ac
> sh: autoconf: cannot open

D'oh.  Me very stupid.

  eval sh -x `which autoconf` -o /dev/null conftest.ac

would have been better.

> I also tried running autoconf on my own configure.ac file, and it
> hangs.

Does the autom4te part hang?  Please try to find out, as I noted in the
last mail.

If it hangs: autom4te is a perl script; you can try adding `--verbose'
or running it in the perl debugger, if you know your ways around perl..

> So apparently, something is wrong with autoconf. In fact, make check
> in the autoconf directory hangs too:

Yep.

Cheers,
Ralf