automake

Re: how to change the behaviour of "make check"?

From: Ireneusz SZCZESNIAK
Subject: Re: how to change the behaviour of "make check"?
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 16:03:15 -0600 (MDT)

Hi,

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote:

>    Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 14:07:17 -0600 (MDT)
>    From: Ireneusz SZCZESNIAK <address@hidden>
>
>    Yeah!  But still I want the output of "make check" to be clean.  When
>    a test fails, then I expect to see: "FAIL: test.sh".
>
> in this case the only thing i can suggest is to post-process the
> Makefile to change the "check-TESTS" target near the end to not check
> for failures.  (...)

Thanks for the idea.  Definitely with this fix it's gonna work the way
I want, but I prefer the "faked success" approach to this one.  Well,
I am a bit of a purist, I guess.  Thanks for the piece of code you
sent!

I hoped that I missed something when reading docs: a command-line
option to Automake (something similar to Make's "-k"), an Autoconf
macro like AM_TESTFAILURE, or an option for the AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS
variable.  Perhaps a good way of extending Automake would be to add
this functionality?

Thanks & best,
Irek