automake

Patches submitted in February (and Re: COPYING.LIB in --gnits mode)

From: Bonzini Paolo
Subject: Patches submitted in February (and Re: COPYING.LIB in --gnits mode)
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 12:19:11 +0100 (MET)

Is there more interest for my February patches (COPYING.LESSER, shtool,
PDF support) now that Automake 1.6 has been released and, I guess, 1.7
development has been opened?

And also, re. COPYING.LESSER: yes, COPYING.LESSER is not widespread
outside GNU packages, but I did receive mail from rms around 2000 asking
me to switch to the Lesser GPL (version 2.1) and consequently to change
the file name.

Making the switch easier (by automatically distributing COPYING.LESSER)
for people using automake, or hinting people at it by issuing a warning in
--gnu mode (and an error in --gnits mode), might be considered good.

Paolo