automake

Re: specific LTLIBRARIES targets ?

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: specific LTLIBRARIES targets ?
Date: 05 Mar 2002 14:14:12 -0700

>>>>> "Yannick" == Yannick PERRET <address@hidden> writes:

Sorry for the delay in my response.
I didn't see any other reply to this.

Yannick> My Makefile to perform link stage uses 'ld'
Yannick> instead of 'gcc', which prevent that kind of
Yannick> trouble.
Yannick> An other way is to tell to 'gcc' to not insert
Yannick> startfiles (-nostartfiles) but it is not a nice way
Yannick> (because other symbols comes from startfiles).

Yannick> how to explain in the Makefile.am that the link
Yannick> stage MUST use ld ?

I think you can use the `_LINK' variable to control this (I don't
recall whether it really works with shared libraries).  Search for
`maude_LINK' in the docs.

Tom