automake

Re: ultrix and 'missing'?

From: Harlan Stenn
Subject: Re: ultrix and 'missing'?
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 02:04:39 -0400

The failure is happening on a SunOS 4.1.3 box with "cc" and GNU make
(3.76.1).  The build is being done outside of the source tree:

 % mkdir A.`config.guess`
 % cd !$
 % ../configure
 % make

As I recall, the problem did not happen on a 4.1.3 box with gcc and GNU
make 3.74 .

I'm trying to install CVS automake now (from subversions.gnu.org - is
this copy different form the one at sourceware.cygnus.com?).  I have to
upgrade perl first (5.003 is installed at the moment).

OK, this won't happen with the stock C compiler.  This will take some
work.  I'll see what I can do.  I'll need to do this on some other box
and then try the tests on the 4.1.3/cc box.

When will ansi5.test be checked in?