automake

Re: make dist

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: make dist
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 20:24:53 +0100

On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 11:54:00AM -0700, Tom Tromey wrote:
: Lars> I've started cleaning up my projects so that "make dist" will
: Lars> work for them.  To make it work, though, there are some files I
: Lars> have to put in EXTRA_DIST to get included, which should have
: Lars> been added automatically, for instance depcomp, and ltconfig.
:
: These are bugs.

I also found out that if you add a file to AC_OUTPUT that is in a subdir
without a Makefile, that file isn't included in dist tarballs either.
I don't know, however, if I should really expect automake to pick that
detail up - it's probably something Automake don't want to support.

: Lars> The *_SCRIPTS and *_DATA files seems to be ignored too.
:
: These are intentional.  Not all primaries are distributed by default.
:
: You can use `dist_*_SCRIPT' and `dist_*_DATA' to change this.

OK, so I set it up like this?

m4datadir = $(datadir)/aclocal
dist_m4data_DATA = <package>.m4

I tried prefixing m4datadir with dist_ too, but then dist_m4data_DATA
wasn't understood.

  Lars J