autoconf-maintainers

Re: Please update us about your GNU project

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Please update us about your GNU project
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2021 10:14:23 -0800

On 1/1/21 9:40 AM, maintainers@gnu.org wrote:

* when did you make your last release?

2020-12-08 for Autoconf.
2020-11-14 for Bison.
2020-08-06 for the GNU C Library.

You can check this by visiting ftp.gnu.org in the usual places.

* your plans for the next release?

Shouldn't be long.

* any difficulties you are having and if you need help.

Autoconf definitely needs more support; nobody has the time to maintain it. Thanks to Zack Weinberg we managed to get a new release out last year (after a hiatus of eight years) and there's likely to be a bugfix release soon, but after that there is still much more work to do and Zack lacks the time. Since Autoconf is a trailing-edge project I doubt whether unpaid volunteer work will suffice.

please confirm that your contact details are up to date

I got the email, yes.