australia-public-discuss

[Australia-public-discuss] Seminar on software patents in Sydney 5 June

From: Ben Sturmfels
Subject: [Australia-public-discuss] Seminar on software patents in Sydney 5 June (RSVP tomorrow)
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 22:52:41 +1000

Here's an event that might interest people in Sydney. I met Matt Ward (patent attorney with Shelston IP) at a recent patents forum in Melbourne. He's running a seminar on software patents Tuesday 5 June and asked me to invite anyone interested to attend. RSVP due tomorrow.

Shelston IP's Seminar Series 2012

You are cordially invited to an IP up-skilling Seminar Series in
2012. These informative talks will be conducted regularly throughout
the year. Professional legal staff may find this an attractive option
for gaining CLE points.

5 June (RSVP 29 May)

Matthew Ward
Senior Associate
http://www.shelstonip.com/people.asp?pid=12

Time: 5:15pm for 5:30pm start
Venue: Shelston IP, Level 21, 60 Margaret Street, Sydney NSW 2000

Software and Business Method patents: where to draw the line

There is a great deal of controversy worldwide in the context of whether or not patent protection should be granted for inventions in the software and business method space. Matt weighs up the arguments and positions put forward by various commentators and patent offices, and considers the fundamental question of “why do we have a patent system in the first place?”.

We look forward to seeing you at our offices. Kindly RSVP to address@hidden